A lot of businesses are already using Whatsapp for their business, either by chatting with the customer to take orders or sending pictures of their product to their customer.
In Nigeria, Konga and Jobberman are examples of popular businesses in Nigeria making use of Whatsapp.
Konga makes use of Whatsapp click to chat on their website to allow potential buyers chat with the merchants about their products
Jobberman is gradually moving its VAS SMS contents to Whatsapp. Users can subscribe to different categories of Jobs on Jobberman and gets daily content on Jobberman.
Who will think VAS is going to Whatsapp?
How Businesses Can Make Use of Whatsapp – The Present
From the Konga and Jobberman case study, business can currently make use of Whatsapp Click to Chat feature for:
- Customer Contact for enquiries
- Building Subscriber Base
How to Use Whatsapp Click to Chat
1. WHATSAPP CLICK TO CHAT WITH YOUR BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER
To put a click to chat button on your website so that your customer start a chat with you on Whatsapp using a your Whatsapp phone number, follow the step below:
- Use the following link and add the full phone number in international format. For example if your are a Nigerian and your phone number is 07012345678, your international phone number will be 2347012345678
2. WHATSAPP CLICK TO CHAT TO SEND KEYWORD OR PRE-FILLED MESSAGE TO YOUR PHONE NUMBER
In the case of Jobberman example with certain keywords, for example to subscribe for banking alert send Bank to 2347012345678.
Or in the case of Konga, the pre-filled message could be “How much is the last price for Nokia 8”.
To put a click to chat button on your website so that your customer start a chat with you on Whatsapp with a keyword or pre-filled message, follow the step below:
- Use the following link, replace phonenumber with your whatsapp phone number in international format (as described above) and add an URL-encoded pre-filled message or keyword.
3. WHATSAPP SHARE BUTTON
To allow your customer share your content on whatsapp with their friends, use the link below
For Example, to share this post, click on this link
Whatsapp Plans for Businesses
Whatsapp knows a lot of businesses are already using their platform to enhance their business. But the way business currently use WhatsApp is pretty rudimentary.
I can imagine that the Jobberman Whatsapp Job Alert service will be managed by just one of their staff from a single smartphone and would be stressful attending to thousands of subscription request at the same time.
Automation or use of bots is not officially supported on Whatsapp, in fact Whatsapp will ban any account suspected to be bot.
There are few current work around for automation prior to Whatsapp Business Account, one of them is Waboxapp that allows you to connect your Whatsapp Web to a bot webhook.
Consequently, In September 2017, Whatsapp announced on their blog, their plans for business accounts, so business can connect to their customers WhatsApp is exploring ways for you to connect with the businesses that matter to you.
Since then, Whatsapp has been testing new their Whatsapp Business Account features that aim to solve some of these challenges, and make it easier for people to communicate with the businesses they want to reach on WhatsApp.
The testing is a closed pilot program. If you’re interested in testing our business tools, you can fill out their survey. If you are lucky you can get into the closed pilot program and download the Whatsapp Business App on the app store.
Whatsapp Business App
There will be a free WhatsApp Business app for small companies and an enterprise solution for bigger companies operating at a large scale with a global base of customers, like airlines, e-commerce sites, and banks.
- Official presence – a verified profile so people can identify a business from another person
- Easier way to respond to messages.
- Businesses will be able to use these solutions to provide customers with useful notifications like flight times, delivery confirmations, and other updates.
If you find this useful, kindly share with your friends.